Have you ever considered launching a TikTok marketing strategy? Now might be the best time to do it, as the website now gets more visitors than Google! That’s right, this app that features fun dances and memes is now a great place to reach a target audience! As a result, more and more companies want to be present in the application.
If you are one of the people who haven’t used the TikTok app, you might not know where to start. Although your digital marketing campaign can span Facebook and Twitter, you’ll need a different approach to this platform. Luckily, you can add this as an effective marketing strategy, and this article can walk you through every step!
First, I’ll explain why more businesses want to have a TikTok marketing strategy. Then I’ll show you the many ways it can help promote your brand, from posting the usual on-demand ads to TikTok influencers doing it for you. After that, I’ll go over what you need to do to start this type of marketing for your brand.
How can TikTok help my brand?
Do you still think twice before trying a TikTok marketing campaign? Some countries like Ukraine recognize its impact, as one of its universities now has a TikTok faculty!
If you’re still not convinced, you might want to check out more stats and data. Here are the ones you should keep in mind in 2022:
- TikTok has been around since 2017, but that was only in China.
- It is called Douyin in this country, and more than half of its users were under 24 at that time.
- Application Company said TikTok had around 837 million monthly active users during the second quarter of 2020.
- According to World Web Index data from the third quarter of 2020, 18% of Internet users worldwide have used TikTok.
- According to Digital Marketing Institute, TikTok was available in 154 countries. At that time, a third of its users were in Asia, aged between 16 and 64.
- Data from Tech Crunch says it will have 755 million monthly users in 2022.
- What else, social media today reported that it could have over 1.5 billion users in the same year!
— TikTok for Business (@TikTokBusiness) November 29, 2021
Based on the data, you can see that many people are going to this platform. This means that you will probably find your target audience there. Otherwise, it’s a great way to find new ones!
Most of its users are young, but more and more adults are getting familiar with TikTok. In other words, this social media platform turns out to be a versatile addition to your marketing campaign!
Read more: More ways to promote your business
Types of TikTok Marketing Methods
If you already have a digital marketing campaign, you know of many ways to get your brand noticed on the internet. Facebook and Instagram are good examples.
You could post ads on both social networks depending on your budget. Yet, you can also publish posts like any other user-generated content.
Similarly, you can choose such methods on TikTok. Learn more about which ones you could include in your TikTok marketing strategy:
- TikTok Videos could be your brand’s bread and butter, just like most TikTok users. Most social media platforms have algorithms that determine what content they will highlight for viewers, and this one is no different. Click here to learn how to take advantage of Ti.
- Ads in feed are the standard format for TikTok ads and allow you to place your ads on the For You page of your target audience. It comes in various forms, such as TikTok Spark Ads which serve as sponsored content. Also you could have Readable ads that allow TikTok users to try out your mobile software in the TikTok app!
- Most Viewed Ads are like in-feed ads, but they appear first on the For You feed. If your brand needs exposure, this is a good choice!
- Trademark Takeover Ads are branded videos that display in full screen when users open the app.
- Branded hashtags are words or phrases beginning with the pound sign. They are often used to rank content based on its following trend. You can set a viral trend for your brand, so that it becomes a trending hashtag. Do it right, and TikTok creators and viewers will increase your organic traffic for you!
- Brand effects are the text graphics or icons that you can add to TikTok videos. With your effects on their uploaded videos, users create content for you! These might persuade more people to share your hashtags.
TikTok offers more ways to promote products and services, but I can’t fit them all in this list! Visit the TikTok Help Center for Business for more information.
How can I start using TikTok for marketing?
Using TikTok marketing strategies is like implementing the other digital marketing methods. However, you will probably have to start by doing something different.
You probably don’t have time to casually browse social media as a business owner. Still, you will have to do it with TikTok. This is the best way to learn how the platform works!
From this simple act, you will see what the average TikTok user prefers. Moreover, you will get ideas on how you can create TikTok content for your brand.
After learning the basics of how TikTok works, you can follow the usual steps to start a digital marketing strategy. Learn more about them below:
- Set goals of your TikTok marketing strategy by determining how it will help your brand. Would you like more people to know more about your products and services? Although the social media site can help increase sales, it is best to create brand awareness.
- Identify your target audience by creating a buyer’s persona. You might want to create a new one just for TikTok because its users are different from those on other platforms. Of course, you can just use the demographics you already have.
- Get a TikTok account for business by activating it on a regular. It’s free and it will give you everything you need to use TikTok for business. These include real-time metrics and trackers for your content. Click here to learn how to get a TikTok business account.
- See what your competitors are doing by examining their content. Choose at least three to get different perspectives. This will give you more ideas on how to create your branded content.
- Create your first content following the TikTok Community Guidelines. Make sure it’s a cut above the usual user-generated content by seeking professional help. Also you might want click here for more tips on video advertising.
- See how your content is doing using your TikTok business account. It has tabs that will tell you about the people watching it.
- Adjust your content based on what you have learned from the metrics. If it didn’t produce the results you expected, apply what you learned to your next content. If it worked well, then find ways to make it better.
Still looking for a sign to put your business on TikTok?
👇 👀 👇
— TikTok for Business (@TikTokBusiness) December 27, 2021
If you’ve noticed, a TikTok marketing strategy requires the constant pursuit of improvement. If you’re serious about it, you won’t focus on this one online channel.
Digital marketing covers all available platforms and tools, from email to social media. These days more and more new ones are popping up, so your campaign should always reach out to them.
However, it may be difficult to do this on your own. Fortunately, LeadAdvisors can manage different parts of your marketing campaign. Click here to learn how it can help your business.